The First Street Streetscape Project Phase 1B provided updated infrastructure and improved public access and pedestrian safety in the downtown area between State Street and Shasta Street. This Project addressed a number of key areas along this stretch of First Street including:
- Widening of sidewalks to improve pedestrian access and flow
- Street corner widening and crosswalk upgrades to improve pedestrian safety
- Decorative street lighting and additional street trees to improve landscaping
- New storm drains, inlets and rain gardens to accommodate storm water runoff
- New subsurface irrigation systems to increase water use efficiency and connect isolated landscape areas
With the exception of a few small punch-list items, the First Street Streetscape Project is now complete.
The construction laydown area in Plaza North has been removed, freeing up the parking spots that had been impacted. The driveways are now clear of steel plates that were set out last week after some concrete repairs were made. All site furnishings have been successfully installed along with new street lights, landscaping and irrigation.
To view photos of the construction progress, visit the project page on Facebook by clicking here.