The City of Los Altos is pleased to offer complimentary Personal Emergency Preparedness (PEP) courses to Los Altos residents.
This free course, taught by Santa Clara County Fire Department personnel, is designed to teach residents how to be self-sufficient in the event of an emergency until relief is available.
Emergency Preparedness topics covered in this training include:
- The impact of an area-wide disaster for individuals and community
- Workplace and home safety
- Earthquake emergency supplies to have available
- What to do when your phones don’t work—how to contact your family members
- When and how to turn gas, electrical and water off
- Fire safety and how to use a fire extinguisher
- Household hazardous materials
Upcoming Training Dates
- Saturday, September 26, 2015: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Hillview Community Center
- Wednesday, October 21, 2015: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - Grant Park Community Center
- Monday, November 9, 2015: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - Hillview Community Center
Residents are encouraged to take advantage of this no-cost opportunity. For more information or to register for upcoming trainings, visit the Hillview Community Center in person, call (650) 947-2790 or register online at www.losaltosca.gov/recreation.