$8,844.00 - $10,751.00 Monthly
Under general supervision of the Assistant City Manager, the Economic Development Manager is responsible for identifying needs and opportunities for enhancing the civic business environment and the profitability of businesses in the City’s seven commercial districts. The position develops the full range of policy, program and implementation strategies including targeted marketing of Los Altos as a retail and office destination. The position addresses both operational, real estate development, and real estate reuse needs for retail and office, and develops outreach programs, relationships and internal policies to recruit and retain businesses.
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills and characteristics:
- Is highly professional, patient, respectful, and ethical
- Possesses excellent problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude
- Communicates effectively and proactively both verbally and in writing
- Has knowledge and experience implementing best practices related to economic development and vitality
- Enjoys working in a small town atmosphere with an engaged public, including merchants, property owners, and residents
- Manages competing priorities and balances needs of the business community with direction of City Council
For more information, or to apply, click here.